Hobby tour, easy, 67 km long
When it comes to cycling around Lake Balaton everybody thinks of riding around Balaton first. But it is not necessary to bike more than 200 km at one sitting. There are tours with different lengths starting from Keszthely, on which the western basin of the Lake Balaton region can be discovered. You can cross the lake by boat to enjoy both coastlines. Children-friendly beaches, snack bars and resting-places are also available for families on this even part of the Balaton Bicycle Route.
Highlights on the way:
1. Bath Island, Keszthely
2. Eco Adventure Park, Gyenesdiás
3. St. Michael chapel, Vonyarcvashegy
4. Szépkilátó (lookout place) and ’Soós’ bay, Balatongyörök
5. Castle of Szigliget
6. Kisfaludy House, Badacsony – The present-day restaurant is the former press house of the well-known Hungarian poet Sándor Kisfaludy. The house was built in baroque style in the 18th century.
7. Bird ringing station, Keszthely-Fenékpuszta