Hobby tour, easy, 36 km long
While biking through the hills of the Balaton Uplands we can enjoy a special view. The diverse landscape of hills and basins with its grape and wine culture and Lake Balaton offers many attractive spectacles to visit. In the Salföld Manor we can become familiar with the native animals and the riding culture of Hungary. Before ending the tour we can climb up to the ruins of the Szigliget castle where the whole route can be admired from. In spite of the diverse landscape the routes can be travelled easily.
Highlights on the way:
1. Basalt church, Badacsonytomaj – The parish church of two towers was built in 1932 and is the only holy place in Middle Europe which was built from basalt stones.
2. ’Folly’ Arboretum– The arboretum is situated on a 3.6 hectare big piece of land in Badacsonytomaj. It’s a collection of Mediterranean evergreens in particular.
3. Nature reserve farm, Salföld – The farm of the National Park shows native Hungarian animals but its geological, botanical and folk architectural memories are also significant.
3. Castle of Szigliget
4. Esterházy cellar, Sziglliget – The rustic cellar restaurant awaits the guests with delicious meals and nice folkore performances.
5. Ruins of the Avas church, Szigliget – The remained truncated tower of the church can be found in the eastern part of the Szigliget peninsula. Presumably it was built in the 1300’.
6. Szegedy Róza House, Badacsony