The „new-old“ city hall is situated on the main square, next to the theater. Built in 1769. Originally it was supposed to act as a lodge, but it served that purpose only for a short time. For a while students of the Georgikon (first agricultural college in Europe) were swotting here. Later, post office clerks moved to the building. As the Postal Palace was built, the collection of the Balaton Museum housed here. Even the tourist office of the city was once domiciled here in the 1980s. In 1935 the house reobtained its function.