8360 Keszthely, Csapás út
Open in summer
every day 9-19 hour
The animal park is named after Count Imre Festetics de Tolna (1764-1847) landowner and geneticist. Following the family traditions he was busy with sheep breeding, too. His famous thesis were published in “Oekonomische Neuigkeiten und Verhandlungen” (Economical novelties and discussions) in 1819.
The animal park named after Imre Festetics was opened in spring 2012 in Keszthely. Native Hungarian and various wild animal species are displayed here.
Among others indigenous cattle species, sheep, horse, pig, bred Hungarian goat, Hungarian donkey, Hungarian chicken species, turkey species, poultry, guinea fowl, dogs can be seen here.
The Hungarian wild species are represented by red deer, roe deer, fallow deer, wild boar, pheasant and partridge. The zoo can be an ideal place for both children and adults to enjoy some time. Furthermore there are a petting zoo, a sandpit and a playground at children’s disposal.
The zoo displays the following domestic and wild animals:
• Native bovine species: Hungarian Grey Cattle, Hungarian Simmental cattle
• Hungarian buffalo
• Native sheep species
• Native horse species: Muraköz cold-blooded, Kisbér half-breed warm-blooded
• Bred Hungarian goat
• Hungarian donkey
• Native Hungarian chicken species
• Native turkey species
• Native poultry
• Native dog species: puli, komondor
• Hungarian wild species: red deer, roe deer, fallow deer, wild boar, pheasant, partridge