Hobbytour, moderate, 59 km long
The starting point of the tours is the Festetics Palace. The Festetics family tour presenting the museums in connection with the family has been designed for families. The Festetics memorial tour goes through the Nagymező („Great meadow”) to the Helikon Taverna, a former wine cellar, followed by the Szépkilátó look-out place where we can have a unique view of the surroundings. During the Festetics heritage tour the former hunting mansion of the counts can be visited as well, after crossing the Lake Balaton by boat. Biking through the old pine alley is a wonderful experience. At the end of the tour a by-pass is recommended to the Festetics Bath.
Highlights on the way:
1. Festetics Palace
2. ’Festetics Imre’ Animal Park, Keszthely
3. Nagymező (’Great Meadow’) and Festetics lookout tower
4. Festetics Helikon Tavern
5. Hamilton memorial place, Balatongyörök
6. 10. Star castle, Balatonszentgyörgy
7. Black Pine alley, Keszthely – The alley connecting Keszthely with Fenékpuszta was planted in 1880 by Duke Tasziló II. Festetics and his wife Mary Hamilton. We used to ride, now we pedal here!
8. Festetics Bath, Hévíz
9. Georgikon Manor Musuem
10. Balaton Musuem