Children entertainment facilities are available. The beach is famous for its beautiful sycamore alley planted by the Festetics family in the 1910s. With Balatongyörök Partnercard or Beachcard you can have a discount on entrance tickets. (For details about the cards inquire at your host.)
From June to 31th August: every day 8 am-7 pm
Balatongyörök Beach is open every year from June to 31 August. The beach is free of charge after the opening hours.
The gates of the beach are closed by the security service at 01.00 on Fridays and Saturdays, and at 24.00 on all other days. The provision primarily serves the night rest of local residents, resort owners and resort guests, as well as the protection of the beach infrastructure and tidy environment.
The Balatongyörök beach is one of the most popular bathing sites in the region as it offers numerous services for those seeking waterfront pleasures:
- for families and children: 120 meters of sandy beaches, playgrounds, a children’s pool, water slides, child animation services
- for those seeking recreation: alternating shady and sunny spots, sun tanning pier
- for those seeking active pastimes: beach volleyball, paddle boat rental, surf instruction, kayak and canoe rental, tennis courts, water aerobics, sport competitions, water polo pitch in the open waters, water basketball
- for safety purposes: lifeguards and medical supervision during the opening hours of the beach, safe deposit lockers
- miscellaneous services: free internet, bicycle storage, sporting equipment rental, beach radio, free parking, restaurants and buffets offering a range of dining experiences